Thursday, August 9, 2007

August already!?!

So the summer has completely slipped by me. I have only floated the river ONCE all summer. Hopefully I'll get down to Leakey while Casey's home on leave later this month. That would make me smile.

I really miss being a student. My boss, not so gently, reminded me that I have a limited number of paid days off during the year. I then reminded him that he said my trip to Africa was NOT part of my vacation...to which he quickly replied "but the 5 days you took off when you got home were!". One could reasonably argue that originally I had planned to be gone an entire month, and he agreed to pay me during that time. I chose to come home early, but needed some recooping time...I think that qualifies as part of the trip! Being a grown up is not all it's cracked up to be.

I am almost done with my newsletter! It is not as indepth as I would have liked, but if I had my way it would be 10 pages! My hope is it sparks enough interest, and stirs hearts enough that people will ask questions. And in those times I can express the amazing love I have for these children, and talk about the AMAZING things my Father is doing in the lives of Zambian orphans.

No comments: