Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mulungu ni wambweno

Mulungu ni wambweno is Nyanja for "God is good all the time". He is good even when we don't like His answers.

It is with a sad, but peaceful heart that I announce to the world (which as we know makes it real) that I will not go to Zambia in 2008.


Sad because I will not see the faces of the boys I have grown relationships with over the last 2 years.....sad because I will not get to have Paul Mulenga sing Feliz Cumpleanos to me on June 16....sad because I will not be a part of the amazing work that FLMI is doing in the lives of thousands of kids in Lusaka....sad because my heart is in Africa.





Peaceful because I know this is what is right for me at this time....peaceful because I feel the Lord asking me to be still and trust Him....peaceful because as much as I LOVE being a part of this ministry I feel zapped and dry right now and if I were to pursue serving I would be doing it in my own strength.





I don't feel like my work in Zambia is done forever. I pray it is not! Who knows? Maybe the Lord will surprise me again in Februrary and say "Ok, no, actually you ARE suppose to be there this summer." - like He did in 2006. I don't put anything past my God. But I do know that for now His answer is NO and I have to accept it.





I love you all and thank you so much for your support of me and this ministry. I hope those of you who have become involved will continue to support or go to minister to these children in person. They are amazing, and the things the Lord teaches you about Himself (and yourself!) while in Africa are priceless.














Pictures from the top (left to right): (1) Some of my Jesus Army kids dog piled on me and Precious. (2) My friends wishing me a happy birthday - Chishemba, Godfrey, Abraham, and Innocent. (3) a picture of me and the "big" boys of Jesus Army. and last (4) Esnart and Chi Chi....crazy girls!!!!

No comments: