The first month of 2007 is, for all intents and purposes, over. Which blows my mind. I have 4 months to raise 3,000, gather supplies, and ready myself mentally and spiritually for Zambia.
This month has been hectic (at best) as I have tried to adapt to life as a grown up in the working world. Transitioning from 20 years of studenthood into leadership roles at work, church, and in FLMI has left my head in a whirlwind. I'm not sure why God thinks I can handle all of this...but I'm excited to see what He's going to teach me along the way.
I think the next few months are going to be a time of tremendous growth. Not at all of my own doing...but I have a feeling the Lord is up to something, and I am excited to see what His plan entails. Excited and scared. Scared because I know the tendency of my fleshly responses to stress and frustration. Excited that He is going to work in me to grow me up, and mold me to be more like Christ--if I'll surrender and let him.
So that is the prayer for now. Lord, let me yield my heart to you. Holy Spirit, help me surrender my will and listen to your promptings in the smallest, and seemingly insignificant times of the day. Jesus, thank you for your love and salvation. Without your righteousness transfered onto me I would be lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment